Registration is Open!
In order to enroll at DCDAL, you must register to attend an in-person orientation session at one of our orientation sites throughout the state. Please view the dates, times, and locations of the available in-person orientation sessions below. You may only register for one session. Multiple registrations will be removed and you will lose your seat to attend an orientation session.
Once you have completed your online registration, please complete your registration forms and submit online no later than two (2) weeks prior to your orientation date.
Please be advised that DCDAL charges a non-refundable $10 registration fee + processing to all incoming students at the time of registration.
- Once DCDAL reviews your registration, it may be determined based on previous enrollments, test scores, and/or credits that you may be exempt from eligibility testing and eligible to attend a virtual orientation session. DCDAL will notify you via email at the email address that you have included in your registration if this is the case. Be sure to check your email for communication from us.
- If you are interested in earning your high school diploma, please email a copy of your transcript to email@example.com by March 31, 2023 for review. You may be exempt from eligibility testing and eligible to attend a virtual orientation session. DCDAL will notify you via email at the email address that you have included in your registration if this is the case. Be sure to check your email for communication from us.
- Students who do not meet the eligibility to attend a virtual orientation session will be required to attend an in-person session. You will be required to complete enrollment paperwork, eligibility testing, provide a writing sample and meet with a staff member. Please be prepared for the in-person session to last between 2-3 hours. A photo ID is required.
Once you click on the link of your desired orientation session, you will be redirected to a third party event registration site- “Eventzilla.” First select “1” registration ticket and then click “Register.” You will then be directed to complete a registration info form. **Please note that once you register- you may not reschedule.
April 11, 2023 – 10:30 A.M.
Bear Library Orientation 041123am
April 11, 2023 – 1:30 P.M.
Bear Library Orientation 041123pm
April 18, 2023 – 10:30 A.M
Bear Library Orientation 041823am
April 18, 2023 – 1:30 P.M.
Bear Library Orientation 041823pm
April 13, 2023 – 9:30 A.M.
DCDAL Office Orientation 041323am
April 13, 2023 – 12:30 P.M.
DCDAL Office Orientation 041323pm
April 20, 2023 – 9:30 A.M.
DCDAL Office Orientation 042023am
April 26, 2023 – 10:30 A.M.
Georgetown Library Orientation 042623am
April 26, 2023 – 1:30 P.M.
Georgetown Library Orientation 042623pm
Are you thinking about returning to school, but you are not sure how to prepare? Here are some tips and resources to review prior to attending an orientation session.
Do you have what it takes to be a successful distance learning student?
- Do you have access to a working computer or laptop?
- Do you have internet access at home?
- Do you have basic computer skills such as typing, using a mouse, using email, and internet searches?
- Do you have a quiet place at home to work on your schoolwork?
- Are you able to manage your time so you can devote the required 6-12 hours a week to your coursework?
- Are you able to work independently and communicate your needs?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be a good candidate for distance learning. If you answered no to any of these questions, you may be better served in-person and/or blended learning program.
DCDAL offers 100% online (distance learning) high school diploma (James H. Groves Adult High School) courses. If you are seeking an in-person program, you may find more information here: https://www.doe.k12.de.us/domain/164
Additionally, DCDAL NOW offers both 100% online (distance learning) ABE/GED courses AND a new pilot program “ABE+” in which participants can attend weekly virtual face-to-face sessions and complete studies from home. Please see the flyer below. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and information will also be reviewed at the time of orientation.
CASAS (Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System) Test Preparation
The testing that you will complete at orientation will assess your math and reading skill levels. You may wish to review basic math and reading concepts prior to testing. Practice questions are available for FREE online. Check them out here:
Writing Assessment Preparation
You will be required to complete a writing sample. The writing prompt provided will be based on your score on the reading portion of the TABE test. It is expected that you will write a traditional five (5) paragraph essay for this assessment. There are many writing resources available for FREE online. Here are a few suggestions:
Do you need testing or instructional accommodations?
Delaware Adult Education programs comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 2010. If you need a special accommodation, please contact Cathy Kipp, Executive Director at least three (3) weeks prior to orientation:
All information is kept confidential.
See www.ada.gov for more information.
Click here for detailed accessibility information for our James H. Groves Adult High School Program.
Click here for detailed accessibility information for our ABE/GED Preparation Programs.
Are you under the age of 18?
All potential students under the age of 18 must be officially withdrawn high school and must provide the following documentation to be eligible for enrollment at DCDAL:
• Official transcript from last school attended
• Official withdrawal form from last school attended- This form must be signed by the school and by the parent/guardian
• Letter of recommendation- This letter must be from a staff and/or faculty member at the last school attended and must recommend the potential student for classes at DCDAL
**No potential students under the age of 18 will be permitted to enroll in any program at DCDAL until all of the above criteria are met.
Questions? Please contact the DCDAL office at 1-302-883-0420
Documents may be faxed directly to our office at 1-302-883-0421