Summer 2020 Term Registration
Due to the pandemic, the procedures for registration/orientation have been revised from previous terms. Depending on your status (new student/returning student), you may be required to complete paperwork by mail or in-person and attend an in-person or virtual orientation session. Please be sure to read and follow all the directives below.
In order to eligible to enroll at DCDAL you must:
- Be a Delaware resident or be employed in Delaware.
- Be able to present a photo ID.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Students who are interested in enrolling in James H. Groves High School program and have never been enrolled before, must be able to submit a high school transcript to email@example.com.
- Students who qualify for the James H. Groves High School program are expected to pay a $20.00 material fee at the time of enrollment. Payment is only accepted via credit/debit card.
Students under the age of 18:
All potential students under the age of 18 must be officially withdrawn from high school and must provide the following documentation at orientation to be eligible for enrollment at DCDAL:
- Official transcript from last school attended
- Official withdrawal form from last school attended- This form must be signed by the school and by the parent/guardian
- Letter of recommendation- This letter must be from a staff and/or faculty member at the last school attended and must recommend the potential student for classes at DCDAL
Documents may be faxed directly to our office at 1-302-883-0421. / No potential students under the age of 18 will be permitted to enroll in any program at DCDAL until all of the above criteria are met.
Registration Reservation Form
Please click the link below to request your seat for registration. A DCDAL staff member will contact you within 48 hours to schedule an orientation date and time. Sessions will be scheduled July 20, 2020 through August 5, 2020 and depending on your student status- may be held virtually or in-person at our Dover location only. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-302-883-0420.
Click here to request your seat! https://forms.gle/mVqUt41hHnZQfx6u6
*Please only complete this form once. Thank you.
Are you thinking about returning to school, but you are not sure how to prepare? Here are some tips and resources to review prior to attending an orientation session.
TABE 11/12 (Test of Adult Basic Education) Test Preparation
The testing that you will complete at orientation will assess your math and reading skill levels. A new version of the test will used beginning Summer 2019. You may wish to review basic math and reading concepts prior to testing. Practice questions are available for FREE online. Check them out here:
Writing Assessment Preparation
You will be required to complete a writing sample. The writing prompt provided will be based on your score on the reading portion of the TABE test. It is expected that you will write a traditional five (5) paragraph essay for this assessment. There are many writing resources available for FREE online. Here are a few suggestions:
Do you need testing or instructional accommodations?
Delaware Adult Education programs comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 2010. If you need a special accommodation, please contact Cathy Kipp, Executive Director at least three (3) weeks prior to orientation:
All information is kept confidential.
See www.ada.gov for more information.
Click here for detailed accessibility information for our James H. Groves Adult High School Program.
Click here for detailed accessibility information for our ABE/GED Preparation Programs.
Are you under the age of 18?
All potential students under the age of 18 must be officially withdrawn high school and must provide the following documentation to be eligible for enrollment at DCDAL:
• Official transcript from last school attended
• Official withdrawal form from last school attended- This form must be signed by the school and by the parent/guardian
• Letter of recommendation- This letter must be from a staff and/or faculty member at the last school attended and must recommend the potential student for classes at DCDAL
**No potential students under the age of 18 will be permitted to enroll in any program at DCDAL until all of the above criteria are met.
Questions? Please contact the DCDAL office at 1-302-883-0420
Documents may be faxed directly to our office at 1-302-883-0421